1. Proprietary Rights:-
As between you and us, we or our licensors, as applicable, own, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Website, all the content (including, without limitation, text, photographs, graphics, audio, visual and audiovisual content) other than Submitted Materials (as defined in Clause 6 below), code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the Website, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Website, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Your use of the Website does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on or through the Website.
All information gathered on www.deshdoot.com is securely stored within the deshdoot controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. And, of course, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas is available to anyone with internet access.
2. Limited License :-
You may access and view the content on the Website on your computer or other device, and make single copies or prints of the content on the Website at your own risk and for your personal, non-commercial and internal use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein and use the same in accordance with all restrictions applicable to your use of the Website in general. Use of the Website and the services offered on or through the Website, are only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use the Website for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
3. Prohibited Use:-
Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Website, or any content, code, data or materials on the Website, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission from authorized personnel of the Newspaper or the otherwise applicable rights holder. Other than as expressly allowed herein, you may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, perform, broadcast, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through the Website. You further agree that you may not alter, edit, delete, remove, otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose, any of the content, code, data, or other materials on or made available through the Website. This includes, without limitation, the alteration or removal of any Trademarks (as defined in Clause 4 below) or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices. If you make other use of the Website, or the content, code, data or materials thereon, except as otherwise provided above, you may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use (including, without limitation, for violations of copyright and other applicable laws).
The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Website or on content available through the Website are registered and unregistered Trademarks of ours and others and may only be used in accordance with Clause 2 above, provided that such use may not be likely to cause customer confusion or, in any manner, disparage or discredit their rights holders. All Trademarks not owned by us that appear on the Website or on or through the Website’s services, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Website grants, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website without our written permission or that of the third party rights holder.
5. User Information:-
6. Submitted Materials:-
You hereby appoint us as your agent with full power to enter into and execute any document and/or do any act we may consider appropriate to confirm the grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
If you submit a photograph or video, you also agree to, represent and warrant the following: (i) you have the rights necessary to authorize us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video as permitted by these Terms and Conditions; (ii) you authorize us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video as permitted by these Terms and Conditions; (iii) you have obtained the necessary permissions, if any, for us and our affiliates (and our Representatives) to use such photograph or video in accordance with the Terms and Conditions; and (iv) such photograph or video has not been manipulated or altered in any manner so as to distort or misrepresent any individual or thing depicted in it.
In addition to any other rules or regulations that we may post in connection with a particular service or feature, and in addition to the rest of the Terms and Conditions, you represent, warrant and agree that you shall not upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website or any service or feature made available on or through the Website, any materials which are, do, or could reasonably be construed to be or do any of the following:
• restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website or the Website’s services;
• are fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, or that threatens or invites violence, or that is derogatory of others on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference or disability;
• constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to potential civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
• violate, copy or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidentiality, contract, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
• contain a virus, spyware, or other harmful component;
• contain embedded links, advertising, chain letters or pyramid schemes of any kind;
• constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin, endorsement or statements of fact; or
• contain sensitive, proprietary or confidential information about yourself or others. Except as may be expressly permitted in connection with one of the Website’s services, you also may not offer to buy or sell any product, service or any other moveable or immoveable property on or through your Submitted Materials. The Newspaper will not accept responsibility for any information included in any Submitted Materials created or posted by users. You alone are responsible for the content and consequences of any and all of your activities and you submit Submitted Materials at your own risk.
7. Prohibited User Conduct :-
You warrant and agree that, while using the Website and the various services and features offered on or through the Website (including, for example and without limitation, blogs, Podcasts, RSS feeds, video players, photo galleries, and other public or open forums), you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including anyone from the Newspaper or its affiliates, or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) insert your own or a third party’s advertising, branding or other promotional content into any of the Website’s content, materials or services (for example, without limitation, in an RSS feed or a Podcast received from the Newspaper or otherwise through the Website), or use, redistribute, reuse, republish, repurpose or otherwise exploit such content or service for any purpose or reason, including without limitation, further commercial or promotional purposes; or (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Website. You also shall not and, by your use of the Website, represent and warrant that you are not:
• engaging in spidering, “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail addresses, wireless addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of users or other information from the Newspaper, including without limitation any information residing on any server or database connected to the Website or the services offered on or through the Website;
• obtaining or attempting to obtain unauthorized access to computer systems, materials or information through any means;
• using the Website or the Website’s services or features in any manner with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or such services or features, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or “flooding” servers with requests;
• removing, concealing, editing or otherwise altering any trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights notice or any other mark or source identifier included in any content or features made available on or through the Website.
• using the Website or the Website’s services or features in violation of the Newspaper’s or any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary, privacy or legal rights;
• using the Website or the Website’s services in violation of any applicable law;
• attempting (or encouraging or supporting anyone else’s attempt) to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with the Website or the Website’s services, or any content thereof, or make any unauthorized use thereof;
• using the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website or any of its services; or
• obtaining or attempting to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Website.
8. Right to Monitor and Editorial Control :-
The Newspaper reserves the right, but does not have an obligation, to monitor and/or to review all materials posted to the Website or through the Website’s services or features by users, and the Newspaper is not responsible for any such materials posted by users. The Newspaper is not responsible for any failure to monitor, review and/or delete any materials posted to the Website or through the Website’s services or features by users. However, the Newspaper reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary or advisable to satisfy any law, regulation or government request; and to edit, to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in the Newspaper’s sole discretion, are objectionable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions, the Newspaper’s policies or applicable law or for any reason whatsoever. We may also impose limits on certain features of the forums or restrict your access to part or all of the forums without notice or penalty if we believe you are in breach of the guidelines set forth in our Terms and Conditions or in violation of applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability.
9. Transactions or Relationships Formed Between Users on the Website :-
Some materials or information accessible in certain areas of the Website may be provided by other users and not by the Newspaper (including, for example and without limitation, information provided by individual property owners and real estate brokers, advertisements for third party or user-provided products or services, and submissions to blogs, photo galleries, message boards, chat rooms, review and ratings forums and other public forums available on or through the Website). From time to time, there may be opportunities on or through the Website for you to purchase certain products and/or services directly from such third parties (and in many cases, other users) who have advertised such products or services on the Website. The Newspaper assumes no responsibility for, and you are solely responsible for confirming, the availability, appropriateness, accuracy, sufficiency, correctness, veracity, completeness, reliability and timeliness of any such user-provided information, content, products, services, advertising or other materials. The inclusion of any such user-provided content on the Website does not imply endorsement or sponsorship by the Newspaper. You are solely responsible for any and all consequences of any such activities, transactions and relationships that you may conduct or form with other users of the Website. Any purchases that you make from such third parties or users who have advertised on or through the Website are made at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that the Newspaper has no responsibility or liability for such purchases and/or transactions.
10. Linking to the Website:-
You agree that if you include a link from any other Website to the Website, such link shall link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of this Website. You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Website or our services, such as using an “in-line” linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another Website. You agree not to link from any other Website to this Website in any manner such that the Website, or any page of the Website, is “framed,” surrounded by any third party content, materials or branding. We reserve all of our rights under the law to insist that any link to the Website be discontinued, that the link open in a new browser window, and/or to revoke your right to link to the Website from any other Website at any time upon written notice to you.
By submitting or posting any User Information, photograph, video, and/or Submitted Materials or by using the Website you acknowledge and agree that, in the event that it becomes necessary or advisable for us to defend ourselves, in a court of law or otherwise, with respect to any such User Information, photograph, video, and/or Submitted Materials, or you engage in any prohibited conduct, as described below, we may rely on your representations and warranties contained herein. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Newspaper, its affiliates and Representatives and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable Advocates’ fees, legal charges and any other costs of enforcing these Terms and Conditions, arising in any way from your use of the Website, your placement or transmission of any message, content, information, software or other materials on or through the Website, or your breach or violation of the law or of these Terms and Conditions. The Newspaper reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with the Newspaper’s defense of such claim and to reimburse the Newspaper for the reasonable costs and expenses thereof.
12. Orders for Products and Services :-
We may make certain products available to visitors and registrants of the Website. You may only order products if you are 18 years of age or older or, if you are between the ages of 13 and 17, you do so with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. You hereby represent and warrant that you are 13 years of age or older and, if you are between the ages of 13 and 17, your parent or legal guardian has consented to your use of the Website, as you so use it. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to the Newspaper. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. Certain products that you purchase and/or download on or through the Website may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase or download or thereafter.
13. Third Party Websites :-
14. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement:-
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Website, or the services or features made available thereon, do the same. If you believe in good faith that a copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us on the address mentioned on the website. To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
• A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
• A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give notice to our users that we have received a notice of infringement by means of a general notice on the Website, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by registered post to a user’s physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
• Your physical or electronic signature;
• Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
• A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
• Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Court in the judicial district in which the Newspaper’s head office is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES :-
THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, PLAYABILITY, DISPLAYABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, CORRECTNESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT OR INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE OR PROVIDED SERVICES WILL MEET USERS’ REQUIREMENTS. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. THE NEWSPAPER ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR EQUIPMENT ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE WEBSITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, INFORMATION, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO CONTENT, AUDIO CONTENT, OR OTHER CONTENT FROM THE WEBSITE.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT ANY PRIOR WARNING. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACY OR OMISSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE ABOVE IN THIS CLAUSE, THE NEWSPAPER, ITS AFFILIATES AND REPRESENTATIVES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WEBSITE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS AND OTHERWISE ON THE WEBSITE OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE NEWSPAPER OR ITS AGENTS. ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED BY THE NEWSPAPER “AS IS,” EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT, IF AT ALL, OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE OR SALE AGREEMENT SEPARATELY ENTERED INTO IN WRITING BETWEEN YOU AND THE NEWSPAPER OR ITS LICENSOR OR SUPPLIER.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:-
IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE NEWSPAPER, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR REPRESENTATIVES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PROTECTED ENTITIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA THE WEBSITE, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF SUCH PROTECTED ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROTECTED ENTITIES BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE PROTECTED ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO THE NEWSPAPER FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEBSITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEBSITE.
17. Applicable Laws:-
We control and operate the Website from our offices in India . We do not represent that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Website from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. All parties to these terms and conditions waive their respective rights to a trial in any other court outside the jurisdiction of the District Court, Nasik.
The Newspaper may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website or the Website’s services (including, without limitation, content, features or hours of availability), at any time and for any reason. The Newspaper may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Website and/or its services if we believe you are in breach of our terms and conditions or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability. If we have banned you from the Website or any of the services on or available through the Website, you may not return to the Website for any reason or in any manner. Once you have been banned from use of the Website, you may not thereafter use the Website under a new username or identity. In the event that you do return, or attempt to return, to the Website or a particular service after you have been banned, you will be deemed to have breached these Terms and Conditions, and the Newspaper reserves the rights to obtain reimbursement from you for any costs and expenses incurred to enforce these Terms and Conditions and otherwise to pursue all rights and remedies available to it at law or in equity with respect to such breach. The Newspaper maintains a policy to terminate the Website use privileges of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others (including those of the Newspaper).
19. Changes to Terms and Conditions:-
The Newspaper reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time. Changes in the Terms and Conditions will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the Website and/or the services made available on or through the Website after any changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
20. Public Notices:-
These terms and conditions form a legal contract between you and Deshdoot, for your use of www.deshdoot.com. By using www.deshdoot.com, you accept these terms and conditions.
Rights of use
You have the right to access and use Public Notices which are displayed on www.deshdoot.com Online, provided you comply with these terms and conditions. If you breach any part of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to cancel your access to the services provided by www.deshdoot.com.
The content of Public Notices displayed www.deshdoot.com online is for your personal use only. You must not share this service with any other person or organization.
Deshdoot owns the copyright for all content on Public Notices which are displayed on www.deshdoot.com, unless stated otherwise.
No user is allowed to copy materials from www.deshdoot.com for their own personal or any other use, unless stated otherwise.
Errors and updates
We reserve the right to add or remove material, and correct errors. If you find any errors on any part of Public Notices which are displayed, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Notices Online is designed for optimal use on Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.0 or better. We accept no responsibility for your inability to access Public Notices Online.
Public Notices Online does not take responsibility for any mistakes, delays or misrepresentation that happens when the notice is published in the newspaper. We will endeavour to ensure to our ability that the information is correct for print. However, any issues arising with the publishing of the notice in the newspaper should be dealt with by the newspaper as deshdoot will not be held responsible.
The Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and us, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maharashtra, India, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under the Terms and Conditions shall be commenced and be heard in the District Court, Nasik (Maharshtra) (India). You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such court. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
This Terms and Conditions of Use was last updated on 01-01-2011.
Any questions or clarifications with respect to these terms & conditions can be sent to Deshdoot
at : email@example.com or
by post, addressed to
New Congress Bhawan,
Mahatma Gandhi Road,
Nasik – 422001
by calling our number at
091 253 3018402
091 253 3018414.