Nashik: Nashik district witnessed a temperature fluctuation for the last two weeks. The temperature from last week started dropping and will continue next week too. Nashik city recorded minimum temperature at 12.6 degree Celsius on March 15 and that of district it was 11.6 degree Celsius, lowest in state.
The Indian Meteorology Department (IMD), Gramin Krishi Mausam Seva Kendra (GKMS), Igatpuri has given a five-day forecast for the district. It is expected that the low temperature will prevail in the district for the next five days. The weather conditions will remain dry and the sky will be partly cloudy.
For the region, the IMD has expected that gradual rise in maximum and minimum temperatures in Konkan, Madhya Maharashtra and Marathwada during next 2-3 days. No significant change will be seen in maximum and minimum temperatures over Vidharbha during the next two days.
For the district, the GKMS station has given forecast. The advisory issued by GKMS says that for the next five days there is a possibility of dry weather. The maximum temperature will stay between 29-32 degree Celsius, while the minimum temperature will be recorded between 13-15 degree Celsius. The wind speed will remain between 5-11 km/ hr for the next five days.
General Advisory for Farmers
1. Use micro irrigation system in vegetable crops for efficient use of water.
2. Cleaning of the filter of drip and sprinkler irrigation systems should be done properly. Also make sure the water is falling right through the drippers.
3. Soil samples should be sent to soil testing lab for testing.
4. Threshing of harvested crops is to be carried out immediately and then store them in a safe place.
5. Start the sowing of summer Green gram (Mug) crop.
Forecast for seven days
Mar 15-Mar 14.0 32.0 Partly cloudy sky towards afternoon or evening
Mar 16 14.0 33.0 Partly cloudy sky
Mar 17 15.0 32.0 Partly cloudy sky
Mar 18 15.0 31.0 Partly cloudy sky
Mar 19 14.0 31.0 Partly cloudy sky
Mar 20 13.0 30.0 Partly cloudy sky
Mar 21 15.0 29.0 TPartly cloudy sky