Man dies of electrocution in swimming tank

Man dies of electrocution in swimming tank

DEOLALI CAMP: Kirti Kumar Popatlal Shah (Age 52), who went for a swim in the swimming tank of Merubhumi Society at Lam Road, died of electrocution in the tank. According to the information provided by the police, Shah went for a swim around 6 p.m. today and was hit by a sudden electric shock leading to his death.

As Kumar didn't return home till 6:30 p.m., his family members began searching for him. Around 8 p.m., someone checked the swimming tank and found Shah's body lying in the tank. The person informed the police immediately. As police reached the spot, Shah was rushed to Civil Hospital. He was declared dead upon arrival. A case of accidental death has been registered with Deolali Camp police station.

More than 15 children of Merubhumi society were swimming in the same swimming tank around 5:30 p.m. When Shah entered the tank, the power supply was already cut off. Suddenly, the power supply was restored for six minutes and cut off again. In those six minutes, the current entered the tank's water leading to Shah's death. The police are conducting further investigations into the matter.

No stories found.
Latest Marathi News, Marathi News Paper, Breaking News In Marathi, Marathi Batmya Live
www.deshdoot.com