In a big relief to women from poor families, the central government has disbursed Rs 500 each in the bank accounts of as many as 8 lakh 40 thousand women beneficiaries in the district under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, PMJDY for the month of May. This is the second instalment under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
The third and final instalment of Rs 500 each will be credited into the bank accounts of women under the Jan dhan scheme in June, administrative sources said.
With this, the women in this crisis time have been relieved of financial help to meet their household expenses. In last two months, Rs 84 crore have been disbursed in the district.
During the lockdown, the central government was to deposit Rs 500 each in women’s Jan dhan accounts for April, May and June. Accordingly, Rs. 500 has been deposited in 8 lakh 40 thousand women Jan Dhan accounts in Nashik district.
The extended lockdown has been going on in the country for the last more than two and half months. During this lockdown, the business has come to a standstill, while the poor and the needy have been facing famine. To help the poor in this crisis, the government is providing three months’ ration to the poor. A three-month cylinder grant has also been credited to the women’s bank account under the Ujjwala Gas Scheme. However, the biggest exercise to run a house is for women.
Accordingly, in the first phase of the lockdown, the central government had announced the Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Ann Yojana (PMGKAY) and provided Rs 1.5 lakh crore assistance. Under the scheme, it was decided to deposit Rs. 500 each in the women’s Jan Dhan bank accounts for three months of April, May and June.
There are 32 crore Jan Dhan accounts in the country out of which 20 crore accounts belong to women. This help has brought great financial relief to poor women during the lockdown. Women are getting this help from post and banks.
As part of the third and final instalment of the package announced by finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman, the government has started disbursing Rs 500 to all women Jan Dhan bank account holders from Friday. The government has been disbursing the amount for the last two months. This comes under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan package.
How beneficiaries can withdraw money ?
1. Beneficiaries are requested to follow the schedule to visit banks and CSPs and money can also be withdrawn via ATMs and BCs.
2. Beneficiaries with account numbers ending with 4 or 5 can collect their money on June 8, while accounts ending with 6 or 7 may withdraw on June 9.
3. For account number ending with 8 or 9, the amount will be remitted on June 10.
4. In case of emergency, one can withdraw the money immediately. However, for orderly disbursal, one must follow the banks’ payment plan.
5. Beneficiaries may withdraw any day at their convenience after June 10.
6. There will be no charges for withdrawing money from other bank ATMs.