Denied Cabinet post, Sena MLA Abdul Sattar threatens to resign as MoS
Shiv Sena’s Abdul Sattar on Saturday threatened to resign as Minister of State after being denied a Cabinet berth in the Udhav Thackery-led Maha Vikas Aghadi government in Maharashtra.
Sena MP Sanjay Raut said Sattar has not submitted any such resignation letter to him or anybody else in the party.
Notably, as many as 35 lawmakers, including NCP’s Ajit Pawar, Shiv Sena’s Aditya Thackeray and Abdul Sattar, were inducted in the state Cabinet last week.
Previously, reports emerged that former CM Prithviraj Chavan, three-time MLA and daughter of the former union minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Praniti Shinde, Sangram Thopate, Amin Patel, and Rohidas Patil were dissatisfied over Maharashtra cabinet expansion.
Meanwhile, the NCP MLA Prakash Solanki announced his resignation stating that he is unfit to do politics.
On the other hand, it was said that Shiv Sena MP, Sanjay Raut was unhappy with the party as his brother Sunil Raut did not get a place in the expansion.
The sole Muslim face of Sena and among four Muslims in the cabinet, Sattar, a legislator from Sillod (Aurangabad) was sworn-in as a MoS when Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray expanded his cabinet on December 30.
Since the last one week, the top leaders of the Maha Vikas Aghadi alliance of Shiv Sena-Nationalist Congress Party-Congress are engaged in finalizing the cabinet portfolios.