3 shops, 12 two-wheelers gutted in fire


Old Nashik : Three shops were gutted after a fire broke out at Maulana Azad road corner near Sarda Circle. 12 two-wheelers in the garage got charred. One cushion and radium work shop and hair saloon shop were also gutted. As fire tender arrived in time, further mishap was averted. Prima facie, the reason behind the fire was a short circuit. Loss worth lakhs of rupees took place due to the fire.

This incident took place on Sunday around 9 am. A cushion and radium work shop owned by Azhar Kamroddin Shaikh and Zafar Shaikh, motorcycle garage owned by Shaikh Azim and saloon shop owned by Chandrakant Wagh were gutted.

There are garages near Tilak Bhavan in Sarda Circle area. Electricity cable of MSEDCL is passing through this area. Sparking was taking place in the cable since last few days. Complaint about this was made with MSEDCL, but as it neglected this the fire broke out, alleged residents of the area.

Hira cushions, radium and polish shop, garage and 12 two-wheelers kept in it and saloon shop were gutted. As Tahir pan stall was shifted to other place in time further mishap was averted. Three fire tenders arrived immediately at the spot and fire brigade personnel doused the fire.