LPG cylinder explosion at Tibetan Market, 10 shops damaged

0

Nashik : An LPG cylinder explosion at the Tibetan Market, located in Sharanpur road locality here yesterday morning caused damage to ten shops and losses worth lakhs of rupees took place. This incident happened around 5.30 am. A case in connection with this has been registered against the shop owner.

The name of the shop owner is Changdave Palve (resident of Shivaji Road). According to police, Palve has three shops in third row at Tibetan Market. He owns Hotel Lucky Chinese. Six LPG cylinders were kept in it. Regulator of LPG cylinder which was connected to stove was not switched off. As a result gas was leaked through pipe. A spark from refrigerator triggered the blast which caused damage to ten shops. The window panes of nearby buildings were shattered due to impact. Fortunately, there was no human casualty. Nitesh Belapurkar, Duttu Choudhari and other three shop keepers suffered losses worth crores of rupees.

Police Commissioner Dr. Ravinder Kumar Singal, DCP Shrikrishna Kokate, Vijaykumar Magar, ACP Dr. Raju Bhujbal and senior police inspector Sarkarwada police station Dr. Sitaram Kolhe rushed to the spot immediately after they got the news. Gas leak triggered the blast, senior police officials made it clear.

Meanwhile, bomb detection squad, dog squad, ATS and forensic lab squad were called and they inspected the blast site and other area. National Disaster Response Force squad from Pune also inspected the site at night. As there were difficulties due to rainfall and darkness, this squad will inspect the site again in the morning on Sunday and will take some material in its custody for inspection, sources informed.

LEAVE A REPLY

*