Involve citizens in tree plantation: Munganttiwar

0

Nashik: Forest Minister Sudhir Munganttiwar instructed the administration to involve citizens in tree plantation drive to be conducted by government at the beginning of July and to create awareness through organisation of ‘vrikshadindi’ and street plays. He took review of the state as well as district through a video conferencing.

There is a target to plant 4 crore trees in state and 20 lakh trees in Nashik district. Forest department is making preparations for tree plantation. 1.10 crore saplings have been prepared so far at government nurseries. State government ordered to conduct public awareness programmes to get average people in it. 23 lakh pits have been made in the district for this drive. Neem, mango, khair, babool, amla and anjan trees will be planted. Forest department, gram panchayat department and other government departments will get involve in the drive. Micro planning for this is being done at district collectorate level.

The drive will continue from July 1 to 7. There is an aim to involve more and more citizens, government officials and employees. The District Collector and forest department are busy in planning. More and more organisations will get involved in this drive. The academic year is beginning from June 15 and instructions have been issued to create awareness through vrikshadindi and street plays while involving students.

75% trees will be planted by forest department, whereas remaining 25% trees will be planted through gram panchayat, NMC and Zilla Parishad. Social organisations and clubs will also get involved in the drive. Various types of trees will be made available from 78 nurseries. Resident Dy District Collector Ramdas Khedkar and forest department officials were present for the video conferencing.

LEAVE A REPLY

*