Fire in meter room of district collectorate


Nashik : A fire broke out suddenly in the meter room supplying electricity to the district collectorate around 5.30 pm yesterday. It spread rapidly within moments.

Fire brigade personnel reached the spot within a few minutes and doused the fire. Human casualty and financial loss were thus averted, but the work at the district collectorate came to a standstill. The work to regularise the electricity supply was going on till late in the night.

The power supply at the district collectorate suddenly snapped around 5.30 pm. Some thought it was due to the ongoing load-shedding. At that time Resident Deputy Collector Ramdas Khedkar left the meeting going on in the cell of the District Collector and rushed to the meter room.

Officials and employees also rushed to the ground floor after hearing noise of blasts. Smoke started billowing out of the meter room. Officials and employees from the district supply office and Deolali state assembly constituency office ran outside.

Resident Deputy District Collector Ramdas Khedkar, district supply officer Sarita Narke, prant official Mahesh Patil, Deputy District Collector Vitthal Sonawane and other officials also rushed there. Fire brigade personnel reached the spot within ten minutes after they were informed. They succeeded in dousing the fire quickly.